Industry veteran Chris Nicholls, has started his own little business. The new brand called Abstract Method, is collaborating with legendary photographers within action sports to create a unique and sought after collection of t-shirts.
In the current days of rapid-fire content creation for and by snowboarders, skateboarders, skiers, surfers and outdoor enthusiasts, we have lost a key element that was once captured by print photography. In the early days of the sport, photographers and artists have beautifully captured thoughtfully composed classic moments in action sports history. The photographs were tangible works of art, which have transcended new generations of passionate followers.
Abstract Method is an artistic collective of established and sought after original and modern day photographers and artists. Their iconic images are carefully selected, using apparel as a wearable canvas to display their work. For the inaugural collection, Abstract Method is working with some of the industry’s most prominent and well-known photographers and artists.
· Dano Pendygrasse: former Photo Editor at Snowboarder Magazine
· Scott Serfas: Winner of the Illumination Category at Red Bull Illume; Red Bull “Art of Flight” Lead Photographer; former Senior Photographer Transworld SNOWboarding
· Chili Thom: world renowned landscape artist; voted “Whistler’s Favourite Artist” since 2002
· Jussi Grznar: Senior Photographer at Snowboard Canada; Category Finalist “New Creativity” at Red Bull Illume
· Mark Gribbon: independent action and lifestyle photographer, selected by National Geographic for Extreme Photo of the Week (Dec 13)
The debut season of Abstract Method will be featured at the Vancouver Know Show trade show booth 408, January 15-17th, 2014. Follow @abstractmethodphotobrand on Instagram and Facebook or visit www.abstractmethod.ca
For all inquiries please contact Chris Nicholls at email@example.com or (604) 564-7640